5/17/08

Little Camper

Emily just got back from a wonderful over-nighter in the mountains with Chris and Teesha. They were spending a week at twilight canyon and Emily begged to go. So Thursday morning I drove her up and as soon as she was in the trailer she began telling me "You can go home now, mom." It hurt a little! Well, after awhile I did go home and resisted calling her every 10 minutes! I missed her so much! She called that night." Mom, I tried a new food. Camping Potatoes! I ate two plates!" For those of you who don't know, Emily is an extremely picky eater and we have been working really hard this past month getting her to try new foods. I was so proud of her! The next morning I called her to see how she slept. She did great and said she had pancakes and eggs for breakfast and they were going to build a fire because it was raining. Later that day she called, crying that she missed me and wanted to come home. That made me feel good.! Then she said she will come home after she goes fishing, I told her that daddy would be up later to pick her and the trailer up. I spent the rest of the day cleaning and vacuuming the carpets. Later she came in as dirty as can be, gave we a big hug and then proceeded to throw up on my lap and cleaned floor. It was no big deal for me, but Chris felt really bad. I guess he'll figure out that it's not that traumatic once Teesha has her baby. I guess it's something you just get used to once you have kids! I put her in the tub, and once the water was all gray she got out, got dressed and ate two Reese's peanut butter cups. She said it would help her feel better! That's my girl! She had a great time and can't wait to go again with mommy! I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

TheShumWAYS said...

How funny! So is she a camper now?