On May 22, We met the Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. He was coming to dedicate the Gila Valley Temple. I was returning home from the Temple Cultural Celebration practice when I saw his jet fly in and called Palmer, who informed me that he was already at the airport. So I headed over there myself, thinking I would just get a glimpse of him coming off the aircraft. To our surprise her came over to us! There were about 20 people waiting to see him there. Palmer had the girls and took some pictures with his phone. I'm kicking myself because I left mine in the car and didn't want to go back out and get it in case he decided it was time to leave.

President Walker came around the fence and took Emily's hand to take her to meet the prophet. President Monson leaned over and had a little conversation with her about her flip flops. Then gave her a high five! He talked to Palmer about tractors, since he had on his Case IH shirt on. He told him he used to dig ditches and drive tractors when he was younger. He made no comment when Palmer asked if they were red ones! We got to visit with President Henry B. Eyring too. Lindsay kept calling him Grandpa!

After leaving the airport, he stopped along the road to meet with the Cluff family who were all waiting on Cluff Parkway. We had to pull over too since security wouldn't let us drive by while he was there. So, I grabbed my camera and got out as well. Here he is with Brent Beals.
Lindsay and I managed to squeeze in and get a few pictures. Thanks, Valerie for taking them for me! Emily wasn't in these because she was more excited to see her friend Katelynn! They were playing somewhere else!
I was glad I got out, because I didn't know Elder Holland was here too! He must have already been in the car when i showed up at the airport. These three men have been called by God , and you could tell that they loved each and everyone of us! The spirit was strong when we were standing in their presence. I will never forget how rare an opportunity this was for our family!
3 comments:
LUCKY! What a great experience for everyone.
You lucky duck!!!! I had goosebumps reading your experience. So cool!!
So neat!
Hey I'm coming down in a month ,we'll have to get together and have lunch:)
Post a Comment